The Blue Streaks Swim Team is a great opportunity for children of all ages to be part of a team, improve swimming skills, and make friends. This summer especially, our kids could all use a constructive outlet for their energy!
- No swimming experience is necessary for any age level to join, however this year only we do require that swimmers be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) by themselves so that we can keep everyone at a safe distance.
- Parents new to Swim Team will be welcomed by a “buddy family” to help them learn the ropes.
- Swim Team is a great team sport that provides both group (relay) and individual competition opportunities, and encourages teammate support.
- Swim Team offers a very inexpensive summer opportunity for kids to be involved in an activity every day that is engaging and will wear them out!
Meet Our Coaches
Head Coach: Tori Knachel
I am so excited to be the head coach again for Bon Air this summer! I was a Blue Streak for 6 years and swam year-round for 7 years. During high school, I swam on the James River Swim Team and I was also a captain for two years. I currently attend the University of Virginia. Can’t wait to see everyone and go Blue Streaks!
Assistant Coach: Emma Fenstermacher
I am so excited to come back this summer as an assistant coach for the blue streaks! I am currently a senior at James River High School and play varsity lacrosse. I have been a part of the Bon Air swim team for 12 years now and previously swam on Poseidon swimming for 7 years. Go blue streaks, let’s make this a great season!
Assistant Coach: Lilly Overbey
I am excited to be back coaching the Bon Air Blue Streaks for another season. I have been a Blue Streak for 7 years and swimming since I was four. I am a sophomore at James River High School and play lacrosse and field hockey. Let’s Go Blue Streaks!
Meet Our Volunteer Leadership
Blue Streaks Swim Team Captains
These parent volunteers have been hard at work organizing activities that make our swim team stronger and better:
- Swim Rep: Kristen Hicks
- Marketing and Fundraising: Catherine Rafferty
- Swim Registration: Heather Bumgarner
- Spirit Wear: Stacey Donovan and Efa Davis
- Social: Katie Burgess and Kristen Grayson
Fees, Registration & Team Attire
2020 Swim Team Fees
|Swimmer Also on Dive Team||$165.00|
|15-18 year old Swimmer||$30.00|
Non- Member Rate
|Swimmer Also on Dive Team||$295.00|
Note: Discounts are available for families with 4 or more swimmers. Contact the Aquatics VP for more details.
Online registration starts April 15, 2020.
The team swimsuit will remain the same as the 2019 season, with an additional suit style added for the girls. All team swimsuits are blue with the “Bon Air” logo.
- Boys: Speedo Endurance Jammers
- Girls: Speedo Endurance or Jolyn
Order online from Swim & Tri.
|Age on May 31, 2020||Classification|
|6 & Under||Goldfish|
|7 & 8||Mites|
|9 & 10||Midgets|
|11 & 12||Juniors|
|13 & 14||Intermediates|
|15 & up||Seniors|
Mon-Friday June 15-July 31st
- 8:50-9:30 Goldfish** and Mites**
- 9:30-10:30 Midgets**
- 10:30-11:30 Juniors, Intermediates and Seniors
**Must be able to swim unassisted
This option only for those who cannot attend morning practice. We only have 6 spots available for each group, due to limited capacity of the pool and this being high traffic hours.
M, W, Th only June 15-July 31st
- 5:00-5:30 Goldfish** and Mites**
- 5:30-6:15 Midgets**
- 6:15-7:00 Juniors, Intermediates and Seniors
**Must be able to swim unassisted
Parents will not be permitted on the pool deck during practice in the morning. There is adequate space outside of the fenced area. During evening practice, parents will have to be registered through Membersplash to swim in a lane in order to be permitted into the pool area (which will be the requirement for all members wishing to enter the pool area during Phase 2).
Directions for practice:
- Health waiver must be signed prior to starting the swim season-this will be available the first practice as well as emailed. Please do not send any swimmer if they answer yes to any of the health questions on a daily basis.
- Fever >100.4 or a sense of having a fever?
- New muscle aches, not attributed to activity?
- New cough?
- New shortness of breath?
- New chills?
- New sore throat?
- Within the last 14 days.. have you been exposed to COVID-19 case?
- Swimmers will enter through the bottom gate at designated time, place items on steps on tape, then proceed to an open tape spot behind lanes. There will be a max of 3 swimmers per lane. Swimmers will be asked to maintain distance at walls. Coaches will assist.
- Swimmers will be released 5 minutes prior to end of practice and exit through the top gate. Please be prompt to pick up your swimmer.
- BACA items used during practice will be sanitized between use.
Swim Meets & Social
We will not participate in RMAL swim meets this season. We will have our own specially designed meets. Information about this will be given at a later date. These will be focused on fun and in the spirit of individual improvement.
Social Events will be organized by the social committee and shared at a later time.
RMAL Swim Championships
There will be no Swim Champs this year.