The Bon Air dive team welcomes kids ages 5-18 of all ability levels to join us. No experience necessary – our coaching staff will teach you everything you need to know. Practice times fit in perfectly with swim and tennis team practice! See Youth Summer Athletics page for more info.
Dive Team Coaching Staff
Your summer 2021 Blue Streaks dive team will be led by Anna Jepson and Jakob Merkel.
- Anna Jepson returns as dive coach for the Blue Streaks. She has been a member of Bon Air dive team for 9 years and a year-round diver for 6 years. She attends Davidson College as a member of the dive team.
- Jakob Merkel returns as dive coach for the Blue Streaks. He has been a Bon Air coach for three seasons and a Blue Streak diver for six years.
Dive Practice Schedule
4:30-6:00 pm, 5/24-6/17
9-11 am, 6/21 – 7/16
*Dive practice is flexible for age groups
- subject to change due to safety guidelines
- shorter practice times available depending on age, and other sports that the diver is participating in (see Youth Summer Athletics page for more info)
Diver Age Groups
|Age on May 31, 2021||Classification|
|9 & Under||Mites|
|10 & 11||Midgets|
|12 & 13||Juniors|
|14 & 15||Intermediates|
|16 & Up||Seniors|
Divers compete in novice, regular or X division depending on their experience and skill level.
The team swimsuit will remain the same as the 2021 season. All team swimsuits are blue with the “Bon Air” logo.
- Boys: Speedo Endurance Jammers
- Girls: Speedo Endurance or Jolyn
Order online from Swim & Tri.
Please contact Caroline for more information about the dive team.