The Bon Air dive team welcomes kids ages 5-18 of all ability levels to join us. No experience necessary – our coaching staff will teach you everything you need to know. Practice times fit in perfectly with swim and tennis team practice! See Youth Summer Athletics page for more info.
Dive Team Coaching Staff
Head Dive Coach: Natalie Kalibat
- Natalie Kalibat is thrilled to be joining the staff as Head Diving Coach!
- She won the 2012 Olympic Trials in synchronized women’s platform diving and was part of the first Pac-12 swimming & diving championship team at the University of Southern California.
- Natalie has remained active in the sport as a play-by-play announcer and analyst for several outlets, including the Big Ten Network, Big 12 Now on ESPN+, and ACC Network Extra.
- Natalie has 2 summers of dive coaching experience in her hometown in New Jersey, and is joining the coaching staff at DiveRVA.
Assistant Dive Coach: Cady Baron
- Cady has been on the Bon Air Dive Team for 6 years, and is on the year-round dive team at DiveRVA.
- She is passionate about diving, and is excited about leveraging this coaching role to spark that passion in other divers.
2022 Dive Practice Schedule
This year we will be breaking the dive practice up into three 45 minute sessions. Each session will be capped at 10 divers, which will ensure that divers maximize their time on the boards and with the coaches while they are at practice! (Longer practice sessions with more divers leads to more idle time for divers, and makes for a more boring and less safe practice.)
If divers are not participating in Swim Team practice just before Dive Team practice, they should plan to arrive 10 minutes before their Dive practice session to be warmed up by the Assistant Dive Coach.
- Spring Practice: 5/23-6/9 (no practice on 5/30, 6/3 or 6/10)
- Session 1: 4:45-5:30
- Session 2: 5:30-6:15
- Session 3: 6:15-7:00
- Summer Practice: 6/14 – 7/22 (no practice on 6/13, 7/4, or 7/11)
- Session 1: 9:00-9:45
- Session 2: 9:45-10:30
- Session 3: 10:30-11:15
If these exact session times don’t work for you, please contact the Dive Rep (contact info below), to see if specific arrangements can be made.
2022 Dive Team Fees
|Dive Team only Membership||$190|
|Dive Team only Membership, also on Swim Team
(Membership fee already paid via Swim Team registration)
2022 Dive Team Registration
Submit your registration online via the Active website. Payment will be collected as a part of registration.
In addition, please complete this online waiver: 2022 JRAC Online Waiver
Diver Age Groups
|Age on May 31, 2022||Classification|
|7 & Under||Mini-Mites|
|8 & 9||Mites|
|10 & 11||Midis|
|12 & 13||Juniors|
|14 & 15||Intermediates|
|16 & Up||Seniors|
Divers compete in novice, regular or X division depending on their experience and skill level.
- 6/23 at 1:00 pm – Bon Air & Three Chopt at Avalon Recreation Association
- 6/30 at 1:00 pm – Bon Air & Three Chopt at Hungary Creek
- 7/7 at 1:00 pm – Kanawha Recreation Association at Bon Air
- 7/14 at 1:00 pm – Bon Air & Ridgetop at Kanawha Recreation Association
- 7/19 at 1:00 pm – Country Club of Virginia at Bon Air
- 7/24 Champs Practice 11:00 am – 5:15 pm at Avalon Recreation Association
- 7/25 Champs Girls, Warm-Ups at 7:00 am, Meet at 9:00 am at Avalon Recreation Association
- 7/26 Champs Boys, Warm-Ups at 7:00 am, Meet at 9:00 am at Avalon Recreation Association
This google calendar can be imported by families to ensure that they never miss a dive event!
The team swimsuit will look the same as the 2021 season. All team swimsuits are blue with the “Bon Air” logo.
- Speedo Lycra Jammer – $36
- Speedo Lycra Thin Strap – $52
- Jolyn Brandon (for older swimmers) – $60
- Jolyn Chevy (for older swimmers) – $60
We will hold a suit “try-on” event at the BACA Clubhouse with our suit provider (Swim & Tri) on Thursday, 4/28 from 5:30-7:30. We highly recommend bringing your swimmer to this event, because suit sizing can be very tricky!
If you are not able to make it to the “try-on” event, you can head over to their shop at SwimRVA when it is convenient for you. (Swim & Tri’s hours are Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM & Thursday: 2:30 PM – 6:30 PM)
Suits will be ordered by each family online through our Portal with Swim and Tri. Suit orders are due by 4/29 if you do not want to have to pay for shipping.
Please contact Barbara for more information about the dive team.